VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Editing DVD - Adding 2 new titles, taking out 1
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradbretz

PostPosted: Thu 22 Oct 2009, 14:03 Reply with quote

I am creating a DVD from scratch. Simple menu with three movies.
One movie needs to be imported from another VIDEO TS. I am making the main DVD in DVDSP 4.0, building, then going into myDVDEDIT to import the third movie.
Is there anything I need to be aware of out of the ordinary. My plan is to import the third movie, with it's chapter markers and then connect the dots from the menu to the title and then the menu call from the title to the menu.
Can it be that easy? Also, it will end up being a DVD-9 and planning on burning in toast.
Help?
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Sat 24 Oct 2009, 19:37 Reply with quote

How answer that ?
Not it's not so easy because your are not working with a iDVD or DVDSP project, but with the final DVD result.
What is the difference ? It's like trying to change an application without having the source code but only a disassembler.

myDVDEdit is made to do any change easiest as possible but you still have to add some commands.

You will find all the help you need on this web site in the tutorials section.

Jerome
bradbretz

PostPosted: Mon 26 Oct 2009, 04:09 Reply with quote

Hey Jerome
Sorry for the broad email. I did find a solution for the typical beginner of myDVDedit.
I had two separate DVD's I was creating. Pretty simple. Each one had three menu's and three movies. On each DVD, I had to import 1-2 movies from another DVD. Therefore the need for myDVDedit.

What I decided to do was to build a COMPLETED DVD that was programmed perfectly with DVDSP with Dummy movies as place holders, and then I built another "master DVD" in DVDSP with the missing movies. After I built them both, I took them into myDVDedit. I then imported the missing VTS titles into the "master DVD" file from the source DVD. THen with both the Master DVD and the DUmmy projects open in myDVDEdit, I began copying and pasting the code from my DVD with Dummy movies into the new master. (With exception of the chapter markers.
Worked like a charm. The only thing I didn't figure out was where the heck the layer break went but, after thorough testing, seems to work good.

Thanks for making the product.
Brad
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: