Forum Mac-Video

Question about burning a DVD after changes in mydvdedit
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjhelding

PostPosted: Sun 03 Jan 2010, 18:43 Reply with quote

Hey there,

I'm having a little trouble on the last step of the mydvdedit process.

After making changes to Video_TS in mydvdedit, how do you burn a dvd so it is readable and plays in regular dvd players? I've tried to burn a disk with the Video_TS changes but it doesn't want to play anywhere.

I've browsed through some answers posted in the forum index and it says the dvd needs to be certain file, like a .UDF? and that can be done using Disk Utility? Well thats where I'm having trouble.. When I go to burn a disk in Disk Utility, it won't let select the edited Video_TS. I must be doing something wrong.

To give you guys little background of my whole process: I created a idvd project with a 16:9 menu and video, and like many, the video was getting cropped on a standard 4:3 TV. So luckily I found myDVDedit to adjust the dvd flag setup to "auto-letterbox 16:9". I ran into a little trouble because unfortunately even after copying the Video_TS on the harddrive, the folder still would not let me change the 'permissions & ownership' of the folder. (the newest idvd getting more strict?) So I exported my idvd project as a Video_TS and was able to easily change everything I needed.

Now how do I put that on DVD and have it work in dvd players? Or can I do something different to make project work on a DVD?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate it!

Ryan
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan 2010, 11:27 Reply with quote

One solution is to use DVD Imager (free) to create a DVD image disk, and than burn it with the Apple Disk Utilities application.

UDF is not a file type, but a disk format. When you burn a CD or a DVD directly with the finder, the DVD is in HFS+. DVD players do not understand this format. The only format that DVD Players understands is UDF. To create DVD in this format you have to use a tool like Toast and is UDF option, or LiquidCD. An other solution (my prefered) is to use DVD Imager to create a .iso file in UDF format, than to burn it with Apple Disk Utilities.

Jerome
rjhelding

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jan 2010, 05:31 Reply with quote

Jerome you are the man!

I used LiquidCD to burn the DVDs.

Thanks!!!
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: