Forum Mac-Video

Navigating on remote control
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perjak

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jan 2010, 21:53 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I discovered this fine piece of software this very day. I have already used it for 'highlighting the first chapter' button. It worked perfect in iDVD but after creating an imagefile and playing it in DVD-player, it was not correct any longer. (The second or the third chapter button was highlighted).

I've also taken advantage of '16:9 auto letterbox'.

But iDVD has a strange 'problem' I noticed several years ago, example:

I've created a concert DVD for a blues-band I know.

The DVD-menu has these buttons: "Play All", "1st Set", "2nd Set" and "Bonus Material".

Beneath the latter three, there are Submenues with the tracks they played.

If I watch a track in '2nd Set' and wants to go back to the Submenu '2nd Set' to select another track, I expect to be able to do so by pressing 'Title' on my remote control, (as I can with most commercial DVD's). But no. It jumps right back to the DVD-menu, just as if I pressed the 'Menu' button on my remote control.

In other words: There are no difference by the action taken with respectively the 'Title' and the 'Menu' button on the remote control.

I have experimented 'hands on' and eagerly searched this forum for a solution, with no luck.

Can I fix this irritating issue in this great little piece of software?

Kind regards

Per Jakobsen in Denmark
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Wed 27 Jan 2010, 22:11 Reply with quote

Yes

When you press the Menu remote control button, the DVD player jump to VTS Menu root PGC of the current VTS.
When you press the Title remote control button, the DVD player jump to VMG Menu title PGC

In fact, usually, Title is the button to go the main menu, and Menu, the button to return to the last menu.

Select the VTS Menu root of your title, and change the jump to the Menu PGC you want.

Jerome
perjak

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jan 2010, 19:37 Reply with quote

Merci Jerome,

Quote:
In fact, usually, Title is the button to go the main menu, and Menu, the button to return to the last menu.

Yes, I must have mixed up the two buttons. Just checked a couple of commercial DVD's.

So, what I have to do is to make things work like this?

When you press the Menu remote control button, the DVD player jump to VMG Menu title PGC

When you press the Title remote control button, the DVD player jump to VTS Menu root PGC of the current VTS.

Might take a little time to do Smile

Thanks again

Per in Denmark
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jan 2010, 19:53 Reply with quote

perjak wrote:
So, what I have to do is to make things work like this?
When you press the Menu remote control button, the DVD player jump to VMG Menu title PGC
When you press the Title remote control button, the DVD player jump to VTS Menu root PGC of the current VTS.

No you can't.
If you press the Title button of the remote control, the DVD player execute the PGC with the entry type 'Title' in VMG Menu. This is not something you can change.
Same thing with the Menu button. The DVD player execute the PGC with the 'root' entry type in the current VTS Menu.

What you have to do is to add/change the commands to call the good menus from these PGCs

Jerome
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: