Support myDVDEdit

Register Register

Search Search
FAQ FAQ

--- Links ---
MacEtVideo
VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

Joining 2 VIDEO_TS folders again, but this time....
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sugar Daddy

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jan 2011, 02:10 Reply with quote

Hi everyone, new user, first post. I tried to make sure that this hadn't been answered already, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't so....

I have 2 VIDEO_TS folders that I would like to join. The thing is though, that they were made straight from 2 M2V files and 2 AC3 files, built in DVD Studio Pro without any menus or subtitles or anything, just first play is set to start playing the movie and that's it. As bare bones as it gets.

Now for joining these, there are a lot less commands that I have shown than what is mentioned in the tutorials. Nowhere in my entire project do I have any post-commands, and all my pre-commands are as follows:

First Play
1 R5 = $2000
2 R5 = 1
3 R3 = 1
4 Jump Title 1

VMG Menu en (English)
1 R5 = 1
2 R3 = 1
3 Jump Title 1

VTS Menu 1 en (English)
1 if (R5 == $4000) Link Pgc 3
2 R5 = 0
3 if (R1 != 0) Link Pgc 6
4 if (R2 != 0) Link Pgc 5
5 R0 = vstTitle
6 R0 *= $0100
7 R0 |= chapter
8-17 Nop
18 Resume

VTS 1
1-5 Nop
6 R6 = $C080
7 R7 = R6
8 R0 = R5
9 R5 = 0
10 R1 = 0
11 R2 = 0
12 if (R0 == 1) Break
13 if (R0 == 2) Link Prgm 2
26 if (R0 == 15) Link Prgm 15

VTS Menu 2 en (English)
(same as VTS Menu 1 en (English))

VTS 2
(same as VTS 1, except it goes until Prgm 8 instead of Prgm 15)

Sorry for the long post, but can anyone step me through the specific commands for joining these? I have already opened the first folder and imported the second VTS into the first. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot!
mike

PostPosted: Sun 02 Jan 2011, 03:02 Reply with quote

The general pattern I use for joining two discs is:

- Add a PGC to your VMG Menu - call it Pgc 2, though the actual number will depend on what's in there already.

- Make sure you know what Title numbers correspond to the two "halves" you want to join - I'll assume 1 and 2 - and the VTS/Pgc numbers they correspond to.

- Add a postcommand to the first-half Pgc: Call VMG Menu Pgc 2

- Add a precommand to VMG Menu Pgc 2: Jump Title 2

That's it. Note that this won't be a perfect join, since depending on the DVD player you're using you'll see things like time elapsed/remaining readouts for the current half rather than the whole thing. But for normal viewing it's pretty seamless.

If you did want a perfect join it may be possible by inserting cells from the second title at the end of the first, but I've never tried that, and have generally found myDVDEdit a bit flaky for cell-level manipulations.

HTH,

Mike
Sugar Daddy

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jan 2011, 07:02 Reply with quote

Wow Mike!!! That worked like a charm! I was starting to think I was a little thick as I couldn't understand hardly any of the stuff in the tutorials. Thanks a lot for your help!

So there is a way to join it all to be one title by importing cells? Just curious if anyone has had success doing this? Just for curiosity's sake. But my problem is solved now. Again, thanks for your clear instructions Mike.
Sugar Daddy

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan 2012, 20:22 Reply with quote

Hello again,

I haven't done this since the last post about a year ago, but now I've been ripping a few double-disc movies to my hard drive, and I've been ripping the main movie only, so no menus or anything. Now I want to join them again, by making them play as two titles, just like before. But now I'm trying to follow the instructions that Mike so graciously gave me, and on the top left window, I only see the following list:

First Play
VTS 1
VTS 2

There aren't any VMG menus or anything, and each VTS only has one pre-command and one post-command (the pre- being audio = 0, and the post- being Exit). This DVD structure stuff has been quite difficult for me to understand, and my apologies if this has been addressed before elsewhere, but in this case, how do I join the two VTS to play continuously? I have already imported the second one into the first one.

Thanks for any help I receive!

Ben
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jan 2012, 20:31 Reply with quote

You absolutely need a VMG menu for that.
Just create one.
click right on First Play -> New VMG Menu

If the need a VTS Menu, right click on the VTS domain -> New VTS Menu
Sugar Daddy

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jan 2012, 20:25 Reply with quote

Hey Jerome! Thanks for the fast reply!

I added a VMG menu and then added a PGC to the VMG menu. The VMG menu already had PGC1 in there, and the new one became PGC2. So I selected the first PGC in the VMG menu, and added the post command "Jump/Call VMG Menu Pgc 2"

Then I selected the second PGC in the VMG menu and tried to add the command "Jump/Call Title 2" but Title 2 doesn't show up in the dropdown menu. I can only select Title 1.

I'm obviously missing something, but I don't know what. Is there another step that I missed, or am I going about it the wrong way? I'm so close I can feel it.

Thanks to all for the help and for your patience so far!

Ben
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: