Forum Mac-Video

(#93) Add, Edit, Delete DVD buttons
Forum Index -> Suggestions
Author (#93) Add, Edit, Delete DVD buttons
jelockwood

PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec 2015, 00:30 Reply with quote
Type:  Improvement

Last change:  Fri 04 Dec 2015, 00:30
State:  New Based on version:  1.1 (v55)
Level:  Medium Improved version: 

First of all thanks for writing myDVDEdit.

I don't know if your still developing this tool but if you are here is a suggestion for you.

I can see that myDVDEdit already allows adding. editing, and deleting the actual commands linked to a DVD menu button but as far as I can see it does not allow copying, removing or adding additional graphics relating to one of these buttons.

It would seem some other tools allow doing this because I have seen other customised DVDs produced based on the original DVD menu. Typically this type of customisation relates to adding or changing the languages for subtitles and audio tracks with buttons to select the new choices.

In my own case I want to make a new DVD branch which defaults to a different language with the buttons in a different language so I need to change the text on screen. Its a fairly simple DVD menu with no animations on it so if there was some way to export and import a new background that should do the job.

Otherwise can you suggest a tool that already does this? Preferably for Mac.
Reply to topic
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Fri 04 Dec 2015, 00:49 Reply with quote

Hi jelockwood.

You are right, myDVDEdit does not allow editing medias. If sometime, doing this can be easy, most of the time, all the .VOB files have to be re-encoded.

But you can use myDVDEdit to do it in a other way.

I suggest you to read the last part of my tutorial "Access Keypad" - Importing. You could create your menu/video using iDVD or an other tool like MovieGate, and import the VTS into your existing project.

Jerome
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Suggestions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: