Forum Mac-Video

(#95) 64 bit
Forum Index -> Suggestions
Author (#95) 64 bit
Agihawvdyzov

PostPosted: Wed 06 Sep 2017, 14:14 Reply with quote
Type:  Improvement

Last change:  Wed 06 Sep 2017, 14:14
State:  New Based on version:  1.1 (v55)
Level:  Medium Improved version: 

Last June, Apple announced the transition to 64 bit applications timeline. The Mac App Store will require it first for new apps, and later for all apps. And “macOS High Sierra will be the last macOS release to support 32-bit apps without compromise”.

With MyDVDEdit being a 32 bit application, it may not run on macOS 10.14, or whatever comes after High Sierra. When I look around me, DVDs aren’t gone at all, and some of those I may wish to alter with MyDVDEdit. I hope MyDVDEdit will be updated to run on future operating systems.

Are there plans for a new version? Will it be 64 bit?
Thanks for all the years that this app has been available!
Reply to topic
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Wed 06 Sep 2017, 20:27 Reply with quote

Ye, I know that.

The source code of myDVDEdit is very old, with .nib files (agains modern .xib and storyboards), without ARC, Table cell views, and many deprecated functions.
I tried to compile it on xcode 8 but it's just impossible and xcode crash when I open some of my resource files.

But good news, I started the complete rewrite of the application (2 months ago) with Swift, ARC, Autolayout, Retina, and all a modern application for Mac must use.

Bad news, this means a long time for development and debuging. May be a year, I hope not more. Especially because this is not my main occupation.

For sure thats will be version 2.0, and not only because it will be rewritten Wink
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Suggestions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: