Forum Mac-Video

(#49) Replacing instead of removing / adding
Forum Index -> Suggestions
Author (#49) Replacing instead of removing / adding
HansGerber

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan 2008, 08:42 Reply with quote
Type:  Improvement

Last change:  Mon 07 Jan 2008, 08:42
State:  New Based on version:  0.9.1 (v23)
Level:  Low Improved version: 

Hello !

When I remove some stuff from a DVD like extras or trailers I can do this by removing the corresponding cells and adding new (blank) cells of half a second.

Sometimes there are many many cells to delete, so you have to pay attention to keep the right order / VobID and to link the original command (like Link Tail Pgc) to the new blank cells to keep the new structure running.

Therefore my question : Would it be possible to add a "replace cell by new blank cell" that keeps the right VobID and commands ? This would speed up the removing process enormously.
I admit I have no idea whether this is simple or very complex to realize. But without asking a question you'll never get an answer.

Thanks in advance
Hans
Reply to topic
aaron
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec 2008, 12:16 Reply with quote

Hans,

I'm curious why your suggestion, "Posted: 2008-01-06, 23:42" was "Based on version: 0.9.1 (v23)", considering that version 0.9.10 (v48) was already available at that time?

I don't think the latest version answers your request, and it appears to be something that would be useful and that Jérôme could do relatively easily, but it's rather odd not to base a request for improvement on the latest available version.

Aaron
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec 2008, 19:37 Reply with quote

Hi
Maybe that would be relatively easy to do, but not necessarily a good idea.

1) If each cell use a vodId , it's to reference to a VOBU. that's means that many cells can use the same VOBU. All user are not aware about that. If a clear a VOBU, I clear all the cells using that VOBU.
2) If I create a empty cell, you can use it to replace all your cells. you dont need to use the same VobId.

But I understand your problem. You dont like the constraint to add + change the command + delete the old cell.

I will see what I can do, but I will not use the same VobId.

Jerome
aaron
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Thu 11 Dec 2008, 07:47 Reply with quote

Quote:
1) If each cell use a vodId , it's to reference to a VOBU. that's means that many cells can use the same VOBU. All user are not aware about that. If a clear a VOBU, I clear all the cells using that VOBU.

I ignored that part of Hans' original request, but you're obviously right about that.

BTW, is a single VOBU what is referred to by a VobID? I thought a VOBU was the same as what you call an Object in the text above the video image. Am I wrong?

Quote:
2) If I create a empty cell, you can use it to replace all your cells. you dont need to use the same VobId.

The way it works in v48, each time I add a blank cell, a new VobID is generated and it is added at the end.

Quote:

But I understand your problem. You dont like the constraint to add + change the command + delete the old cell.

... plus move the new blank cell back to the position of the deleted cell!

It seems to me is that all a replace with blank command would have to do is (1) create a blank cell if one is not available already, and (2) replace the VobID of the cell being replaced with that of the blank cell.

- Aaron
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Suggestions Page 1 of 1

Jump to: