Support myDVDEdit

Register Register

Search Search
FAQ FAQ

--- Links ---
MacEtVideo
VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video

(#59) Edit/Debug switch look improvement.
Forum Index -> Bug Reports
Author (#59) Edit/Debug switch look improvement.
FixMan
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jun 2008, 20:19 Reply with quote
Type:  Improvement

Last change:  Wed 18 Jun 2008, 10:21
State:  Closed Based on version:  0.9.10 (v48)
Level:  Low Improved version: 

I'm afraid you will not like this one, yet I believe it is proper.

At the beginning I had some troubles with the Edit/Debug switch. At first I was trying to slide it, but it seemed to move in an odd way. Later I discovered I could just push it, and I would do that on the side I wanted it to go. It took me some more time to understand it was not a slider but a flip/flop switch and that it didn't matter where I pushed it.

In my humble opinion its look is not proper by the Human Interface Guidelines, and should be revised.

It looks exactly like a (short) list slider but it is not one, it behaves differently. New or different controls should not look like other already existing ones, because that is inconsistent and can be confusing (it happened to me).

I'm sure it took you some work, but I would suggest you re-do it. You should give it a new look that cannot be confused with different existing controls, and that is more consistent with the way it works. Maybe you could use some real-life object as an inspirational start, for example lamp push-buttons. Maybe you could even record and use the unique and very recognizable noise those make. And maybe you could use the symbols beside it as indicators: you could light-up the one that refers to its current status in red (or...) as if it was a LED.
Reply to topic
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jun 2008, 10:20 Reply with quote

No it's not just a flip/flop switch, but a slider. But like any Apple sliders, a simple clic switch the mode.

If you look at the iPhone sliders, it's exactly the same.

Jerome
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Bug Reports Page 1 of 1

Jump to: