Welcome to my Guestbook.
Drop me a line.

Jérôme.
Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jérôme
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct 2012, 23:55 Reply with quote

sorry gbnz, I have rejected your activation request. There are so many boots activation requests than sometime I miss real ones. Retry with the same pseudo, I'll be glad to activate it.
About your problem, when you have set the permissions of the folder, did you clicked the gear button and called the menu 'Apply to enclosed items'.
gbnz

PostPosted: Fri 12 Oct 2012, 23:29 Reply with quote

Hi I've got a Macbook Pro Retina and I am trying to use myDVDEdit to modify my iDVD project disc image as it is appearing as 4x3 despite being 16x9.

I have followed your guide - http://mydvdedit.com/viewtutorial.php?t=27e&pg=forum
but when I change the video aspect parameter from 4x3 to 16x9 letterbox the program crashes.

The project is on my hard disk with write access permissions set to "read and write"- but even when I open myDVDEdit it says, "The folder and some files are read only."

I go to my project file and select "Get Info", "Sharing and Permissions" then change to "You can read and write" - what am I doing wrong?

There is also no IFO tab only DVD/VTS/PGC - when I change from 4x3 I select VTS, is this correct given there is no IFO tab?

Can you direct me to a guide for version 1.1 and activate my login for the forum.

Thanks

Geoff
cathydoser

PostPosted: Mon 12 Dec 2011, 00:19 Reply with quote

Bon Jour Jérôme,
merci bien!

I wish I knew more French, because I'd love to be able to tell you more of how much I appreciate your effort, in your native language!

I'm just starting here, to look around, but I had to thank you so much for all that it seems that you've done to create this place.

I work in Computing, as my job, and have created some pretty big programs, over the years, and I understand just how hard what you've done is. You can be assured that I will be contributing funds as my thanks of your work. I will try to decide just how much, after I've done a bit more investigating. I've been using tools like iMoview, FCExpress, and others, over the years, so I know just how hard it can be to work in these mediums. I've been wondering, in the past, just how to get more themes, makes changes, and more, and ended up with much frustration, as I'm sure you know!

Your work here must be substantial, because I know how hard it is to get information about these formats and programs. Thank you for all you do!

Merci beaucoup, mon ami! (see how bad my French is!)
¡usted se mece! (You rock!)
http://web.me.com/carynr/Cathys_Corner/Blog/Blog.html
Drum Corps is a Great Entertainment,
Check it out!
axel

PostPosted: Sat 07 Nov 2009, 23:19 Reply with quote

Bon Jour Jérôme,
merci bien!

if i only knew some more french then my thanks were much more euphoric Wink tipped you a small amount instead. i appreciate your efforts in this project very much and would like to encourage you to keep on with it. your little life-saver app plus the knowledge in the forum are a great find!

so once again- thank you Jérôme, merci Smile[/list]
eidehli

PostPosted: Mon 20 Apr 2009, 12:24 Reply with quote

Thanks for creating this great app!

Since my last DVD creation project with FCE and iDVD two years ago, I had hoped all the bugs related to DV PAL widescreen handling had been fixed in the newer versions from Apple, but not so. Last time I struggled for a long time getting widescreen DVD menus to work on both 4:3 and 16:9 TVs. I finally succeeded after extensive debugging and modifications with MyDVDEdit - and after having learned a lot more about DVD formats than I ever wanted to Wink.

This time, when exporting DV PAL 16:9 from FCE to iDVD, I found I had to choose between getting the correct aspect ratio or Chapter Markers into iDVD. Fortunately, with MyDVDEdit, I knew I could fix the aspect issue later, and chose the Export as QuickTime Movie option to get Markers included. (I found an Apple support article explaining I would have to use the Quicktime conversion export command in FCE, and manually enter 1024x576 as aspect ratio, to have iDVD interpret DV widescreen setting correctly. However, this export method has no options for exporting markers).

Before I was allowed to generate VIDEO_TS files in iDVD, I had to click on Update in a "Modified Asset Warning" dialog, even though no media had been touched. The immediate result was that all start positions for the video sequences playing on the 24 movie chapter buttons were reset to the beginning of the chapter. I manually repositioned the movies again and was finally able to generate the DVD files. After fixing the widescreen flag in MyDVDEdit, I thought I was done. Big surprise during testing: All chapter buttons linked to the same chapter 7 movie!!!

I didn't want to start from scratch in iDVD and redo the whole project. Thanks to your excellent tutorial and DVD debug mode, I relatively quickly managed to find the 4 PGCs where the register values were erroneously always set to 7, regardless of which buttons were highlighted and clicked. Once I had checked all the button ids, it was a simple process to adjust to correct chapter numbers, and have a flawless DVD!

I´ll definitely donate some money for your program!

Einar
Skeeve
Beta tester
Beta tester   

PostPosted: Thu 12 Feb 2009, 18:10 Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU, MERCI, DANKESCHÖN, GRACIE for

1. This great application
  2. for making it free!
  3. for all your patience in answering all those stupid questions from guys like me who don't find the proper documentation

BIG THANK YOU, MERCI, DANKESCHÖN, GRACIE
Jérôme
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Tue 02 Dec 2008, 19:44 Reply with quote

1st, the Guestbook is not the best place to ask questions.
2nd, I have just answer the same question few days ago. The search function is so hard to use ???

Jerome
DanR

PostPosted: Tue 02 Dec 2008, 01:08 Reply with quote

Jérôme wrote:
Welcome to my Guestbook.
Drop me a line.

Jérôme.

I was able to change my video's ratio to widescreen 16:9, and it works in my iMac's DVD player, but I haven't been able to save it to burn to a disc using iMovie 5 or Disk Utility yet. What do I need to do next? Thanks DanR
septembr1

PostPosted: Fri 03 Oct 2008, 02:55 Reply with quote

Salut et merci pour cet excellent logiciel !

Sans doute pas facile de mener bénévolement un tel projet, pourtant ça devrait être considéré d'utilité publique compte tenu du prix de revient de l'accès aux technologies MPEG2, que ce soit l'encodage, le multiplexage, l'authoring etc.

C'est pas très ouvert et c'est terriblement complexe.

Ne serait-il pas possible de financer le développement de nouvelles versions de myDVDedit à partir d'un projet audiovisuel intégrant un authoring avancé ?

Qui finance ce genre de projet ?

Pour ma part, je tente de mettre en place un projet de coopérative de films, un jour peut-être je pourrai payer quelqu'un en recherche et développement sur un projet comme celui-là.

Mais pour l'instant, je débute et j'ai tout à apprendre (sauf faire des films, ça je sais...)

Je laisse ces questions en suspends avec un grand merci et bravo pour toute l'intelligence qu'on trouve dans ce projet, et bonne continuation Smile
Jérôme
Administrator
Administrator   

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec 2007, 01:28 Reply with quote

I will not change my registration test because I have no spam any more since I change it. Robots can register the standard phpbb forums, not mine any more.

Jérôme
ejoness

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec 2007, 23:23 Reply with quote

i had problems signing up i tried ejonesss using my yahoo account and it threw out the confirmation code.

so i tried again with my isp email thinking maybe it does not like the free emails

so once i figured out that you do the code differently instead of entering the code you have to add up the numbers i tried my isp email and i never got it there seems to be a delay so i re registered using ejoness and my yahoo account and was able to register

when you upgrade your forums it may be a good idea to go back to the common way of handling the code so others dont have problems

i also hope to get to beta test too.

Gab

PostPosted: Fri 17 Aug 2007, 13:28 Reply with quote

Hello,
Logiciel vraiment super bien fait. Complet, facile à utiliser et incroyablement puissant.
Bravo pour ce développemenet et merci d'avoir été ci loin dans le décorticage du format DVD.
Gab

PostPosted: Fri 23 Feb 2007, 20:08 Reply with quote

Thank you for creating and sharing this tool. With myDVDEdit I was able to correct an aspect ratio problem on a disc I received from an inexperienced video producer. Your software is far beyond a VOB header editor (which is what I needed to solve my problem) but it is the only Mac OS solution that I found. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue 12 Dec 2006, 03:28 Reply with quote

Jerome - such a brilliant tool! Off to more exploring, it kind of feels like my first time in Resedit (scary but wow...). Before I forget: THANK YOU

PostPosted: Thu 23 Nov 2006, 11:32 Reply with quote

hi
please
how to empty trash of the mydvdedit software????
Thannks you a lot.

edwin
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Guestbook Page 1 of 3

Jump to: