Forum Index


Support myDVDEdit

Register Register
Log in Log in

Search Search
FAQ FAQ



--- Links ---
MacEtVideo
VideoHelp
Forum Mac-Video
 
Need Help Correcting Language Tracks on Combined VOB Files
Forum Index -> Questions
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
happyakrz
New Member
New Member   



Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb 2013, 00:03 Reply with quote

Bonjour mes ami!

My French is limited, so I'll do my best to describe my issue in simple English.

I am in the process of ripping all of my DVD's onto my computer network (Mac) so that I can play them back through my PS3 at the highest quality possible. My process is as follows:

1. Rip DVD with MacTheRipper
2. Combine the necessary .vob files using the mac Terminal app.

For approximately 80% of the movies that I've converted, the process is flawless, but for the other 20% the most common "error" is the fact that the newly combined .vob file plays the wrong audio track (non-English track or a commentary track).

I've attempted to create a new set of commands through myDVDEdit that will force the audio track to play in English, but as the process for combining the .vob files through the Terminal application doesn't require the IFO files, I'm not sure how to indicate to the .vob file to which language to default.

Is there an easier method that I'm missing? Or are there specific steps that I need to follow in myDVDEdit to ensure that each of the independent .vob files play the correct audio track?

Many thanks for any help you can offer!

Happyakrz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   



Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb 2013, 01:52 Reply with quote

You cannot combine .vob files using terminal.
It's not working like that.
.vob files contains information that must be unique. If you combine these files, two vobs could use the same identifier.
And .ifo files contains many tables with offset to the .vob files.

You can import a VTS from a other DVDs by using the command File/Import VTS

I wrote a exemple at the and of my tutorial Access Keypad

Jerome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
happyakrz
New Member
New Member   



Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb 2013, 14:01 Reply with quote

Thank you for your response, Jérôme!

So far, I've processed about 125 films this way, and it's worked beautifully. I've tested about 60 movies (watching them in their entirety), and they're great.

I also understand that I may not be doing this by the most preferred method. I'm just trying to find the best route while retaining as high a visual quality (without compression) as possible.

The reason that I've been using Terminal is due to the fact that the PS3 cannot play multiple .vob files without pausing briefly in between. The remedy was to create a single .vob file of the entire film. And this works well, as long as the correct audio track was used as the default. That's what I'm attempting to do with your software.

To your knowledge, is there a better way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Many thanks for your help!

Todd (Happyakrz)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jerome
Administrator
Administrator   



Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb 2013, 15:44 Reply with quote

I don't know what kind of file the PS3 is waiting for, but your big concatenated files are not DVD anymore.
I think the PS3 reads the VOB file format juste like any other video format, but as this file don't contains any DVD information, the PS3 use the first audio stream it finds.

myDVDEdit cannot help you in that case, because this is not a DVD.

I'm not sure, but I think MacTheRipper have options to rip the DVD by selecting only specified audio and subtitle streams. I think you should look on this way.

Jerome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Forum Index -> Questions Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2017 phpBB Group